All Around Gymnastics Academy
Rules & Policies
General Rules & Policies
- Auto payments can be set up through the customer portal. You can pick a payment date for the 1st, 10th, or 15th of each month.
- If you are not enrolled in auto payments, monthly payments are due by the 5th of each month.
- Balances must be paid in full by the 10th week of each session.
- You will be required to enter a credit card if you enroll in classes online.
- Entering a credit card does not make a payment. We apologize for the confusion.
- All students enrolled in a competitive or pre-competitive program will not receive any prorated prices due to absences, vacations, etc. and are expected to attend every scheduled practice throughout the year.
All parents are required to agree to our rules and policies. This should pop up the first time you log into the customer portal. If it does not, you can agree to the rules and policies by logging into your customer portal
and clicking on the policies tab.
Most of our communication is done via e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail we have on file is current and that you are receiving the e-mails. E-mails may be in your spam folder.
- Sometimes classes will be canceled due to weather.
- All daytime classes (classes starting before 12pm) will be canceled when Mentor Exempted Village schools are closed due to weather.
- Any evening and weekend cancellations will be posted on the website, Facebook page and a notification will be sent through the AAGA phone app.
- Any absences due to inclement weather closures are separate from regular absences and are eligible for make ups.
Class Rules & Policies
Any questions or concerns regarding your child’s progress or class placement should be directly addressed to his/her instructor.
- Hair must be pulled back.
- A leotard is preferred, but form fitting clothing is acceptable.
- No loose fitting shorts.
- T-shirts must be tucked in.
- No two piece (bare midriff) attire allowed.
- No jewelry (this includes watches, fit bits, pedometers) – stud earrings are allowed.
- No socks.
- Do not leave valuable items unattended in the restrooms.
- You are permitted 2 make up classes per session. 1 of these make-up classes may be carried over from the previous session, provided you are enrolled in the current session.
- Closures due to inclement weather are separate from the above-mentioned make-up policy.
- All make-up classes must be scheduled in advance. Please call to schedule.
- Make-up classes may be done anytime during the session, it does not have to be the same week as an absence.
- There will be no make up classes scheduled the first week of a session.
Dropping from a class
- You are responsible for calling and letting the office staff know if your child will be dropping from his/her class.
- If the office staff is not informed by the first of the month that your child is dropping his/her class, you are still responsible for the monthly payment.
Online Skill Evaluation
Available for students enrolled in Junior Firecrackers, Flares, Blasters and Bronze.
- Skill evaluations will be posted online in the customer portal starting the 7th or 8th week of class.
- To view; log into your customer portal
- Click on the My Students tab
- Scroll down and click on the Student Skills tab
- Any questions regarding your child’s progress should be directed towards his/her instructor.
- When your child is ready to move into an invitation only class you will be notified in any or all of the following ways
- In person by an instructor
- A message on your customer portal
- Preschool, Flares, and Bronze classes are all based on age. There are no skill requirements to move between these classes.
- If you an unsure of which class you child should be placed in please speak with his/her instructor.
Gym Safety Policies
- Instructors will go over general gym safety rules, examples:
- One person at a time
- Be mindful of where you are walking
- Keeping hands to self
- Good listening
- Please review the attire rules located under class rules & policies.
- Preschoolers will only be released from the gym when a parent/grandparent/babysitter is present.
- Arrange a pickup location with your older child. Should he/she wait in the gym with instructor, meet you upstairs, or meet in the hallway.
- Parents should not be entering the gym during class. If your assistance or care is needed during class an instructor will call you down.
- If an injury does occur, no matter the severity, please remain upstairs. Our instructors are trained to assess the situation and give immediate care when necessary. An instructor will call you into the gym if needed.
Viewing Area Policies
- Please refrain from communication with your child while watching his/her class. The instructors need your child’s attention.
- Do not allow children not participating in class to climb on the bleachers, near the windows, on the railing, or play in the stairwell.
- Children should not be wandering the building unattended.
- Please help keep our facility clean by keeping food and drink to a minimum. If you do have a spill please clean it up or find an employee for help.